Thursday, June 2, 2011

Aches and Pains

So i signed up for the Teton Dam 10k which is a week from Saturday. I was for sure I could do it no matter what, until after last nights run. My shins are KILLING me. I have shin splints so bad my whole shins are bruised. I have been icing and massaging. I will run this race if I have to run it like the movie Run Fatboy Run. Lets just say I will be on the bike the next few days in hopes of a recovery.

I used to HATE running. In fact one of my coaches in highschool saw me at Weber State running with Jessica and was floored. He yelled "Shields, you dont run! What happened!?" I hope I see this coach sometime in my life so i can tell him what i have got myself into!

I got this quote the other day from Runners World

"Believe that you can run farther or faster. Believe that your young enough, old enough, strong enough, and so on th accomplosh everything you want to do. Don't let worn out beliefs stop you from moving beyond yourself"

- John Bingham

No comments:

Post a Comment