Tuesday, March 29, 2011
Thursday, March 24, 2011
Michael Jordan: " I missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. Twenty-six times I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed."
"Everyday is a new opportunity. You can build on yesterdays success or put its failures behind you and start over again. That's the way life is, with a new game every day, and thats the way baseball is."
take a look at this picture.... This is a 100% strike out! check out Barney's face too! This is a good look and this was one of my MANY strike outs in my season!
I remember playing Weber on a rainy day. It was the 6th inning and I hit a double, I then scored and we were up by 1. (our team NEVER wins games!) The game was called and we had to finish the game when they came to our field the next time we played them before we started a new game. They were up.. didn't score. We were up...didn't score. They got last ups.... they hit one. I was center field. I ran UP on the ball! WHO RUNS UP THE SECOND A BALL IS HIT!? Me! I so over judged that ball.... right over my head. They scored, they won, I had just lost the game.
everybody has bad games, everybody has bad innings everybody has bad seasons.
" There is no failure except in no longer trying" -Elbert Hubbard
Here are some facts. There are 8 other players on that same field in that exact same inning. There are 8 other players out there that make more mistakes than any pitcher. They sit around do nothing while the pitcher works his butt off. Have you ever felt your face and every single muscle in your body working to get that tiny ball from far away thrown as hard as you can, to try and get it in a tiny area? Tell me that isn't giving it everything you have inside of you to win that game. All of this every single pitch, when left field or second base is just barely paying attention?
All i know is your a great bseball player. You probably have more heart than anybody on that team. Pick your head up.
Remember when I used to suck? Practice makes a player kid. Nobody probably knows this about me. One summer after my sophmore year I went down to mtn. view on my little scooter almost every day. I hit softballs for about an hour every day. Then I would run to them then throw them back trying to hit a certain spot on the back stop. The better I got at hitting, the harder it got throwing, and in turn the better i got.
Im not saying Im some softball terminator that can crush any ball and can throw from a mile away. Here is a fact. I have only hit 1 homerun my whole life. It was a homerun on errors.
So remember this as your practicing your heart out and playing the game that made you.
"The Better! The better it is, ya gotta give it all ya got, everytime ya got it..AHHHHHH!"
Your better than to beat yourself up.
Wednesday, March 23, 2011
Friday, March 18, 2011
1/2 cup butter (1 stick)
1/2 cup shortening
1 1/2 cup sugar
2 3/4 cup flour
2 teaspoons cream of tarter
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
Cream together the butter, shortnening, sugar and eggs
Gradually add flour, cream of tarter, baking soda and salt
Mix until all mixed together
(on the side in a bowl mix together 2 tablespoons sugar and 2 teaspoons cinnamon) (i always add about half a tablespoon more of sugar)
Ball up the dough into little balls, roll in the sugar/cinnamon mixture, place on cookie sheet (dont press them, just leave them in little balls)
Bake at 400 for 8-10 minutes.
Wednesday, March 16, 2011
Tuesday, March 15, 2011
- Bag of Frozen Vegetables. (I get the one with brocoli, cauliflower, carrots... but whatever fits your fancy)
- 1 Chicken breast cooked then chopped or cubed (seriously if u want to make it easier and faster just put in a can of chicken.
- Pie crust (either make your own or buy the pre made kind from the store.)
- 1 normal size can cream of chicken soup (I use cream of celery or mushroom... doesn't matter)
- any other vegetables u would like. I usually add a few mushrooms.
combine vegetables (still frozen), cooked chicken and can of soup in a bowl and mix together. Add whatever seasons you would like. I usually put in garlic salt and powder, pepper and season salt.... other put in chicken rub, really its your preference. Line your round pie pan with the bottom crust, Fill with your mixture, then put the top crust on top. Pinch the edges all fancy and then cut out a design out of the top. Anything you want. I have done the letter "T" and last night I made a flower. Bake at 400 for 45-50 minutes. Let stand for about 5-10 minutes before serving! mmm mmm mmm! Love this recipe!
Monday, March 14, 2011
Here is the size of them. look how tiny and cute!
This one was SO hyper! He was so cute!
Tuesday, March 8, 2011
Friday, March 4, 2011
As promised we are having Jase do his 25 random facts.... but from my point of view.
1. my favorite thing to do is hunt.
2. i love my wife so much... I think she gets wife of a lifetime award.
3. One of the best days of my life was when Kendyl was born.
4. I used to play little league baseball in my socks and sandals...Tayler likes to laugh at me for it.
5. i played every sport and ran track in college.
6. I used to put antlers on my neighbors head, make him crawl around and my friends and I would shoot him with foam arrows... it was called "hunting"
7. i served my mission in the Chicago South Mission.
8. Once when we were on the ranch my truck caught on fire.
9. I think i have the coolest and had the coolest boss in the world...(one of them was my dad!)
10. i wear cowboy boots every day
11. I love seafood, Tayler hates it but i eat her favorite food... she wont eat mine!
12. I love all my cars to be the color white
13. I am the best fly fisherman around
14. My dad used to make me yell what i did wrong off the front porch 10 times when i got in trouble.
15. My favorite food is anything with a good salsa on it.
16. I can spot a deer or an elk from 7 miles away
17. I have driven through a tornado
18. If i dont know the answer...my answer is always 7
19. My favorite movie is Son in law
20. my favorite animal is a Mule deer
21. my favorite color is Sunset pink
22. I once chopped my sisters ponytail off
23. my favorite place to be is on the mountain
24. I hate any rattling noises.
25. In the winter i film deer and in the spring they shed their antlers and i find em and in the fall i hunt them.