Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Life is short

Story #1:
So as I was 8 months pregnant I got a message on facebook from an old softball pal about another girl (Kailie) from softball was in the hospital after ankle surgery in a coma. She had a 6 or 7 moth old daughter.... and there she was in a coma. we did a lot of praying, a lot of putting her name in the temple and somehow we ended up at her funeral a week later. I was shocked, I was saddened, i was in disbelief. Kailie had a new 6 or 7 month olf baby that was just adorable. Her father had passed away shortly after she was married. SHe had just sent off her brother on a mission and living life to its fullest. Her life was cut short. It was horrible news... and how i never wanted to get ankle surgery in my life!
Story #2:
lets fast forward about 5 moths.... Janae's (jases mom) cousin (i believe that is the relation) went in for ankle surgery. The next day went into a coma, and quickly went down hill from there. She had to have her leg amputated, go on dialysis for her kidneys, and her heart and lungs were failing. She was going up hill and made such big progress then it all just went down hill in a matter of days. This lady was just sealed in the temple to her husband in 2009, she has a beautiful daughter named Mady... and her life was cut short.
As I was looking at her obituary in the newspaper it dawned on me i knew the lady right next to her column... ODD! Then as Jase was looking at it he had known another guy on the same page. Thats 3 people in one section. But back to the ankle surgery.... thats 2 people I know within 6 months of eachother. If i ever have to get ankle surgery.... which i will do everything in my power even if its a cement cast i have to wear for 2 years.... I will try my hardest to protect my little kankles. ANd if i do have tog et surgery... no way am i getting a pain pump in a million years.
But I have reall felt so bad for these young people and their families. It really just breaks my heart and really shows us just how fragile life is. I ran across a quote that i really just fell in love with.
"Faith In God Includes Faith In His Timing"
So if anything these 2 women have taught me is say my prayers, read my scriptures, attend the temple, be the best I can be and don't wait til tomorrow.... because life is fragile and life can be short.

No comments:

Post a Comment