Thursday, March 24, 2011

For my brother Trevor!

and to all others who have had a bad game..

Travis..... so you had a bad game....


Michael Jordan: " I missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. Twenty-six times I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed."



"Everyday is a new opportunity. You can build on yesterdays success or put its failures behind you and start over again. That's the way life is, with a new game every day, and thats the way baseball is."
take a look at this picture.... This is a 100% strike out! check out Barney's face too! This is a good look and this was one of my MANY strike outs in my season!

I remember playing Weber on a rainy day. It was the 6th inning and I hit a double, I then scored and we were up by 1. (our team NEVER wins games!) The game was called and we had to finish the game when they came to our field the next time we played them before we started a new game. They were up.. didn't score. We were up...didn't score. They got last ups.... they hit one. I was center field. I ran UP on the ball! WHO RUNS UP THE SECOND A BALL IS HIT!? Me! I so over judged that ball.... right over my head. They scored, they won, I had just lost the game.

everybody has bad games, everybody has bad innings everybody has bad seasons.

" There is no failure except in no longer trying" -Elbert Hubbard

Here are some facts. There are 8 other players on that same field in that exact same inning. There are 8 other players out there that make more mistakes than any pitcher. They sit around do nothing while the pitcher works his butt off. Have you ever felt your face and every single muscle in your body working to get that tiny ball from far away thrown as hard as you can, to try and get it in a tiny area? Tell me that isn't giving it everything you have inside of you to win that game. All of this every single pitch, when left field or second base is just barely paying attention?
All i know is your a great bseball player. You probably have more heart than anybody on that team. Pick your head up.
Remember when I used to suck? Practice makes a player kid. Nobody probably knows this about me. One summer after my sophmore year I went down to mtn. view on my little scooter almost every day. I hit softballs for about an hour every day. Then I would run to them then throw them back trying to hit a certain spot on the back stop. The better I got at hitting, the harder it got throwing, and in turn the better i got.
Im not saying Im some softball terminator that can crush any ball and can throw from a mile away. Here is a fact. I have only hit 1 homerun my whole life. It was a homerun on errors.
So remember this as your practicing your heart out and playing the game that made you.
"The Better! The better it is, ya gotta give it all ya got, everytime ya got it..AHHHHHH!"
Your better than to beat yourself up.

1 comment:

  1. You are Awesome Trevor, Jeff and I both think you have what it takes to be whatever you want to be!!! We all have bad days...we get over them and learn from the experience...you will succeed at whatever your heart desires!!
    Holly & Jeff Freestone

    ReplyDelete