Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Best breadsticks


So i was going to have an Eat Pray Love date night with Jase since we were getting that movie in the mail from netflix saturday night. So I put on my apron and made us an Italian Meal... spaghetti and these SO yummy and SO tasty and SO EASY breadsticks! (ps this was my first time making anything bread besides banana bread!)

So here is the recipe cause I think I should share!

Ingredients:

3 1/2 cups all purpose flour

1/2 tsp salt

2 TBSP sugar

1 scant tbsp (or 1 package) quick rise yeast (i just had normal yeast and it worked just fine)

1/2 cups warm water

1 stick butter


(to put on top when finished) garlic salt and parmesan cheese (fresh)


So i mixed all the dry ingredients together in my kitchen aid then added in the warm water. Make sure you have your dough hook on for this! I kneaded it in my machine for about 10 minutes. I let it rest for a few minutes then rolled it out. Roll it to about the size of a jelly roll pan. Melt the butter and pour about half into the bottom of the pan spreading it all over. Put the dough on the pan and roll until the edges meet. Then with a brush i brished the rest of the butter all over the top. sprinkled on some Garlic salt and parmesan cheese. I then cut them to the size I wanted with a pizza cutter. i covered them with saran wrap and let them sit for about an hour. (could have been less but i ran to the store to get some milk and it was packed so it took about an hour) I let the oven heat up to 375 and cooked them for about 13 1/2 minutes. But depending on your likeness and your oven it can be anywhere from 12 to 15 minutes.


seriously these are DIVINE!

No comments:

Post a Comment